Pages

Saturday 5 May 2012

Study of Jo

Jo (study), oil on canvas
(lifesize)

I'm working through a few ideas at the moment. Most have grown from the comet / asteroid motif that I was writing about earlier. I've also got some ideas that have grown more from the act of painting than from an intial narrative notion. Of course, they begin to take on narrative implications, as do we all...

Often, I think, to attempt to define an idea through language before it has found its own form is to inhibit it; to draw, as it were, a boundary around it. I don't like to say too mauch about an idea until it has become solid enough to exist alone, to be more powerful than attempts to define it.

So I'm not saying much about this one. It's a study towards something else. It's about emerging from darkness; as vague, for the present, as that.

No comments:

Post a Comment